Sunday, May 11, 2014

My Ultimate Reset Part 3--I'm Smaller and My Head Is Clearer

Yay! I'm on the last day of the Ultimate Reset. I did it! 21 Days of structured eating and supplements...and NO exercise! Here's how my week went down:

So week three is the "Reclaim" phase, where the Detox supplement is replaced by the Restore supplement, which is probiotics. The Alkalinize, Optimize and Soothe supplements are continued.

The major change this week is dietary. Veggies and fruits and a bit of oil, and THAT'S IT. No grains, no nuts, no beans, no legumes. The portions are huge, though, and the only time I felt hungry was at about 10 a.m. every morning, which is normal for me. My body still wants a midmorning snack, but I just drank 2 big glasses of water with my supplements and held out until lunch.

Each morning's breakfast consisted of about 4 cups of fresh fruit. Thankfully there are some amazing fruits in season now at Farmer's Market. I enjoyed white peaches, apricots, blueberries, blackberries, mulberries, raspberries, strawberries, mango, papaya, tangelo, and grapefruit--all organic and fresh! It was delicious, but I am looking forward to some oatmeal tomorrow.

Lunches were always a ginormous salad, sometimes with something on the side, like a sweet potato or some avocado. Some days I got roasted pumpkin seeds. I joked that I've eaten more pumpkin seeds in the last three weeks than in my entire life, but guess what I made more of last night for the coming week? Yup, roasted pumpkin seeds for my salads! I love them, and they are so full of protein, good fats, and minerals.

Dinners were always too much. For example, one night it was whole head of broccoli with 15 asparagus spears and a roasted fennel bulb. All of the dinners were delicious, and consisted of nothing but veggies, and a little coconut or olive oil.

Snacks were either a half a scoop of Shakeology with fruit and coconut water or some raw veggies or and apple and some blueberries.

The first half of the week I was moody and my energy level was much lower than last week. I perked up midweek and felt pretty normal. My "regularity" suffered a bit in the beginning of the week, but this was a big dietary shift.

All in all, I made the program work, even on days I couldn't be home much, by planning ahead. I packed salads for lunches and took extra mineralized water and my supplements with me in a small cooler. At the movies I took raw veggie sticks to munch on instead of chemical-laden, greasy and oversalted popcorn. It didn't even smell good to me! I swapped dinner meals one night for one that had less cook time and prep when I knew I'd be home late.

I feel great, and I'm definitely smaller! Are you ready for my stats? Here goes:
Day 21:
Down 10 pounds
Body fat down 2 percent
BMI down 2 points
7 total inches lost
 I am having a lipid panel drawn tomorrow. I'm excited to get the results of my triglycerides and cholesterol and I'll post them when I get them.

For more info on the Ultimate Reset click here

And now, for my before and after pics. I had a very hard time posting this because I'm still not where I want to be and I don't like the pics. I'm looking forward to working out again and getting rid of the last of that belly fat! ::deep breath:: Here goes!




No comments:

Post a Comment